bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Kwikset z-wave deadbolt  (Read 7827 times)

Offline Evan55

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Kwikset z-wave deadbolt
« on: August 25, 2014, 10:15:04 pm »
did a search and didnt find a thread mentioning this deadbolt.

Could not get it to pair.  Several resets of the lock,  still nothing.

Very disappointing.  This is a popular deadbolt that has been on the market for a few years.   (several of my coworkers have them too)

there is also a zigbee version of this lock,  no idea if it works.

Offline Oendaril

• Backer
Re: Kwikset z-wave deadbolt
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 10:52:23 pm »
I've got this lock paired (3 of them) successfully. The best bet is to be sure to exclude it first, and take the interior part off the door and hold it less than a foot away when excluding/including the lock.

LGNilsson

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 02:27:29 pm »
We'll hopefully have much better support for these soon, as we've now got a contact at Kwikset so we should be able to get some help from them to support their locks.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 11:23:06 pm »
Ok, apparently the Kwikset locks should work just fine with R066, but it turns out that there are some specific steps that needs to be taken once the locks have been installed.

The procedure is as follows:
Press and hold the Lock button while installing the battery pack.
Hold the button until the latch bolt starts moving on its own.
The latch bolt will retract and extend on its own a few times
to learn the orientation of the door.
When the latch bolt stops moving and the Status LED
flashes green, the door handing process is complete.

Once this had been done, you can add the lock to the Almond+ and it should behave properly with firmware R066 or later.
I've also uploaded PDF's with pictures that show's exactly how to do this on the Wiki - http://wiki.securifi.com/index.php?title=Category:Sensors

We just got the ZigBee version and we'll be adding support for it in a future firmware.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:31:38 pm by Lars »

Offline gnorvell

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 10:28:47 pm »
I installed my Almond Plus behind my U-Verse Home Gateway today. I proceeded to register my z-wave kwikset lock which had been installed on my door for more than a year and it registered on the first try. I was pleased to say the least. I was afraid it would not work because of the distance but it worked like a champ. I did upgrade the Almont + firmware first. The door locks and unlocks from the Almond + panel however the iOS app does not do anything to control it. It just lists the device. Is that the current state of the app or am I experiencing an anomaly? Can we also expect code management in a future update? My only other sensor experience is with a lamp controller that also registered and works as expected.

LGNilsson

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 10:36:21 pm »
The iOS is a bit behind, it would work with the Android app and you should also be able to use it with connect.securifi.com which is our cloud/web based UI. It should also work via the local router UI.
Codes should be working, they are for all other locks.

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 17 queries.