bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: GE Link LED light bulbs  (Read 45535 times)

Offline mcnerns

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: GE Link LED light bulbs
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2015, 01:32:07 pm »
Do you have a USB 3.0 device plugged in to your Almond+? Some interfere with ZigBee, so try unplugging it and see if it helps as this is what tends to cause status update issues.

This USB 3.0 issue caused me a lot of trouble.
Is this a software bug? I had a Seagate HDD plugged into the USB 3.0.

Offline vansens

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2015, 01:57:05 pm »
I had the same issue. I was told it's bad shielding on the USB3 cable. Try a different cable....

LGNilsson

« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2015, 07:36:38 pm »
No, it's not a software issue. As mentioned above, some USB 3.0 are poorly shielded acts as antennas and end up causing interference on 2.4GHz. We tried our best to shield things internally and even changed the connector to reduce the interference, but with the wrong cable, it still happens. It's something affecting all devices with USB 3.0 and Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/ZigBee/anything 2.4GHz if you're using a bad cable. As ZigBee is using very narrow bandwidth it seems to be more sensitive though.

Offline jjhung88

• Peanut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Auto turn on/off GE bulb
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2015, 01:07:22 am »
I have 3 porch lights with the GE bulbs that I was using with the Hue hub. Now I have successfully paired them with the A+ so I'm going to return the Hue hub. But I don't see the Almond app or web IU that allow me to schedule the bulb to turn on/off like I can using the Hue app. Does anyone know of a way to do that?

LGNilsson

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2015, 01:56:50 am »
It's in the web UI in the latest beta, although it'll work much better in the next release firmware which is a week or two away at worst.
See http://wiki.securifi.com/index.php?title=Rules_UI_-_Almond%2B_2014

Offline Mishakim

• Backer
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2015, 12:24:24 pm »
Much better control under R070, my rules now work reliably to turn the lights on and off, but the sensor tab still doesn't always update the state to "on" when the lights turn on.

LGNilsson

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2015, 03:21:52 am »
Glad to hear things are improving, for a chance  ;)

I think we still have a fair bit of fine tuning to do, but we'll get there.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2015, 10:25:16 pm »
I haven't any issues with updating status EXCEPT when my roommate hit the switch that controlled these (they are on a ceiling fan and the switch controls both so I leave it on, control lights with app and fan with pull string). When that happened I had to cycle a few times and right back to normal.

Offline matt

• Backer
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2015, 12:43:51 am »
Is this sale still going on?  Have a link?

I know this was a long time ago, but I thought people might want to know that sale is goin on again. You can only do order online and do ship-to-store, but they are $15, with buy one get one half off.

http://www.target.com/p/ge-link-60-watt-a19-smart-led-light-bulb/-/A-16386225#prodSlot=_1_8

Or the Flood light version for $19.99:

http://www.target.com/p/ge-link-65-watt-br30-smart-led-light-bulb/-/A-16386080#prodSlot=_1_9

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2015, 11:32:55 am »
Thanks! Has anyone actually paired the floods? I just picked up two and haven't had a chance to add them yet. I WANT to assume they work but ya know it is home automation... I wish they had the outdoor floods at Target.

Offline toppquality

• Peanut
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2015, 01:36:28 pm »
Just purchased 2 additional GE Link Connected LED A19 bulbs and they will not pair... PERIOD. I do not know why. I have two working right now and they have been working perfectly including through the last two firmware updates. The two new ones just will not pair. I've tried the turn on and off 5 times till light dims to no avail. I've tried it umpteen times. Light dims... no Almond+ response. Tried to remove as well, just in case that was a problem. I'm stumped. Any suggestions? Thanks...

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2015, 03:13:07 pm »
How far away do you have the bulbs when trying to pair them? Sometimes things need to be pretty close to pair... then you can move them farther away. If that does not work... can you remove one of your existing ones and re-add it just to prove everything is working there with a known good?

It IS possible to get bad products (I just had to return a timer switch, not a remotely controlled one either) but 2 at once seems pretty slim.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline toppquality

• Peanut
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2015, 07:30:45 pm »
I'm very close, like with a drop light right next to, almost touching the Almond+. I will try to play with the known bulbs, that I a good idea. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks...

LGNilsson

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2015, 06:21:19 am »
Can you contact the support team so they can take a look at this, as this is clearly not how it should be and it sounds like there might be an issue with things on our side.

Offline selena2006

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2016, 03:00:09 am »
Just purchased 2 additional GE Link Connected LED A19 bulbs and they will not pair... PERIOD. I do not know why. I have two working right now and they have been working perfectly including through the last two firmware updates. The two new ones just will not pair. I've tried the turn on and off 5 times till light dims to no avail. I've tried it umpteen times. Light dims... no Almond+ response. Tried to remove as well, just in case that was a problem. I'm stumped. Any suggestions? Thanks...

I have the same problem with sensors: i can not add additional sensors to my 2 existed. Two door sensors are working. Looks like A+ trying to add the sensor but than message pop up: failed. Doors sensors are Z-bee. I have tried to add garage door sensor  also which is Zig-Wave and got the same message. this is software problem, not sensors.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 17 queries.