Choose style:

Author Topic: Linear FS20Z-1 joins but unsupported .....Fixed....Now joins as a binary switch  (Read 11626 times)

Offline govee

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Trying to connect an Linear FS20Z-1. It will be used to control my garage door. I am now trying to exclude it my A+ is not responding to that command. Anyone else tried this one yet?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 03:17:35 pm by govee »

Offline govee

• Backer
Re: Linear FS20Z-1 joins but unsupported
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 06:55:32 pm »
I see that another Linear device has similar issues. The FS20Z-1 has the same selections available as below:

This shows up as an unsupported device, and there is no ability to do anything with it from the web interface.  From the touchscreen UI there are options to "get" and "set" a numeric value

The FS20Z-1 can open and close the door but I have to set it to 255 and then to 0, which causes the relay to close then open. I have to perform both as setting 255 closes the relay and leaves it in that state so the door cannot be closed. Setting it back to 0 reopens the relay allowing the door to respond to new commands.

The device can only get state changes from the LCD UI. Web and Android App show only unsupported.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 06:58:04 pm by govee »

Offline govee

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 11:05:30 pm »
With the new firmware (R066) i tried to exclude the device and it will not exclude or join.

Offline ombheembush

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 08:48:45 pm »
Are you trying to support this sensor in the next update of Almond+ and Android app?

LGNilsson

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 10:07:12 pm »
It won't be in the next update, but possibly in the one after that.

Offline ombheembush

• Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 12:05:51 am »
Will you be supporting any new sensors in the next version? I have this hooked up to my garage but it says it's not supported. I have the Aeotec Smart Switch and that also says that it's not supported.

LGNilsson

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 02:53:50 am »
Z-Wave dimmer switches will be supported in the next release.
We've also added some new ZigBee devices, but beyond that, I'm not sure.

Offline ombheembush

• Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 01:31:17 pm »
And one last question, when will the next firmware release be and the one after that?

LGNilsson

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2014, 09:58:57 pm »
When they're ready.

Offline ombheembush

• Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 02:44:39 am »
Were you referring to R070 when you said that this sensor support will be included? If yes, then still it doesn's who up on Web or Android/iOS app for me. Please advise.

LGNilsson

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 03:54:29 am »
It might not be supported in the UI's beyond the LCD at the moment. We still haven't released the new apps, so new sensor types may or may not work with those.
It would also appear that some dimmers aren't working still, but many are.
Also, did you remove and add the sensor after upgrading to R070? As we can't re-detect an already paired sensor.

Offline Neel737

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2015, 04:30:46 pm »
It might not be supported in the UI's beyond the LCD at the moment. We still haven't released the new apps, so new sensor types may or may not work with those.
It would also appear that some dimmers aren't working still, but many are.
Also, did you remove and add the sensor after upgrading to R070? As we can't re-detect an already paired sensor.

Hi Lars,
I can confirm that what ombheembush observed is absolutely the case (even after removing and adding the relay, it's behaves the same way as before).

Even though R070 is a significant improvement, I get a feel that the the FW/SW (specially, in the Automation/Sensor area) is still slightly better than in the POC (Proof of Concept) phase. Sorry, no offense. Very sad to see that such a unique and powerful HW platform is not being used to it's 10% potential.

BTW, we really appreciate your sincere efforts in this forum.

IMHO, your whole SW approach is lacking direction it seems. Setting up the SOLID and full featured base platform should be number 1 priority. These days all the mobile phones/tablets are equipped with FULL browser, so anybody should be able to use the local UI (may need port forwarding). So developing the apps for android and IOS in sync should just be tertiary priority. Maybe that the cloud support should be the secondary one:-)
NB: I use EVL-3 for my DSC alarm panel - they did not even bother to release any app and I have no problem with that because their cloud/local UI serves all that we need.
BTW, I am not even going to ask anything about alarm panel integration specially the popular ones like DSC/Ademco thru EVL-3.

Looks like that I have to give up the dream of consolidating HA stuff in my router for any foreseeable future (so Vera stays).

Despite all the 'constructive' criticism, as a backer I am a big well wisher of the product. I am sure you will eventually get there - if that happens it will be a powerful platform.

Offline giants2001

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 12:42:20 am »
After updating to new firmware version R070as, this sensor (FS20Z) now shows up as a recognized binary switch.  I can now control from the iOS app by setting to ON and OFF (similar to going through LCD and setting 255 and then 0).  Looking forward to further updates to refine this control.

Offline mparadis

• Backer
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 05:22:06 pm »
Did you re-add the device or did it just start working?

Offline giants2001

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 09:29:55 pm »
Did you re-add the device or did it just start working?

I had to re-add the device.   The connectivity is still somewhat flaky when being controlled through the app.  It often takes multiple attempts in order to get it to switch states.

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck