Choose style:

Author Topic: Link Almond  (Read 14508 times)

Offline jmonty

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Link Almond
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 01:11:04 am »
Same issue here. I really don't believe for a minute that my ISP is blocking these ports. I've never seen a blocked port except when maybe someone was trying to use a port using a protocol it was not intended for. There must be a problem on securifi's side!

Just following up that I got mine linked after they said the server was back up. So it wasn't because my ISP was blocking the ports. I think securifi shouldn't be so quick to offer that up as the problem.

Offline joekiwi

• Backer
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 02:57:56 am »
No i am still having the same issue. I ran the diagnostic and everything came back fine and also sent logs in. I get the same issue when using the wizard or using the connect account option. I am running the latest firmware.

Hi,

I have tried again and had the same problem, either through the wizard part or through the cloud affiliation part. I've also run a diagnostic check, which suggests I am connected to both the internet and the cloud (i.e. four green lights).

I've also checked and it seems very unlikely that my ISP is blocking ports 1026-1029.

When the Almond+ tried to get a code, first it says it is taking longer than usual, then is says it cannot get a code.

It isn't an urgent issue but I'm hoping I can solve it at some point.

Offline Michael Marini

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2014, 06:49:56 am »
Hi,

I'm seeing the same problem as well. I've contacted my ISP who are saying that ports 1026 - 1029 are not blocked.

Any help would greatly appreciated

Offline jwmann

• Backer
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2014, 04:48:55 pm »
Just following up that I got mine linked after they said the server was back up. So it wasn't because my ISP was blocking the ports. I think securifi shouldn't be so quick to offer that up as the problem.
Same on my end.
I completely agree.

Offline Michael Marini

• Backer
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2014, 06:59:30 am »

Tried again today and managed to get the code and all linked up.

Offline SilverIce

• Backer
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2014, 10:59:41 am »
Hi, just want to report I have the same problem where I can't connect to the Almond cloud to fetch my code (it times out each time). I've run the diagnostics and it says it doesn't have access to ports 1026-1029.

I'm guessing this is an issue with my normal internet router's NAT, however, at this time I've no plans to replace it with Almond+ (I'm still torn between using Almond+ as an AP or extender, also my ISP uses VLAN settings to ensure people do not simply replace their router and I can't configure this on Almond+ yet). I've noticed that I can't activate while in AP Mode (it says router is offline) and I can't do it in extender mode either (port problems). Is there an easier way to get my Almond+ linked to the cloud? If I have to adjust the NAT on my primary router, can someone indicate what settings I have to do?

Offline Sparroe

• Backer
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 06:16:08 am »
Hi,

I have the same issue. I am running in AP mode and assume that perhaps this is part of the issue?

In addtion, I am also suspicious that I need to manually setup some port forwarding on my primary router & ADSL modem to allow the Almond+ to connect to the cloud service. Can someone point me to any documentation regarding the required ports.

My Setup:
Almond+ (in AP mode) -> DD-WRT Router (w firewall) -> LinkSys ADSL Modem (w firewall)

Thanks in advance.

LGNilsson

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2014, 06:48:23 am »
Can you run the diagnostics app and see if that gives you an all clear?

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 16 queries.