bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Intermatic PE653  (Read 7745 times)

Offline JDogg016

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Intermatic PE653
« on: September 05, 2014, 05:25:01 pm »
Don't know whether I am doing it incorrectly or whether there is too much distance between the router and sensor.

I have an Intermatic PE653 Pool Automation system that works on Z-Wave.  I went to the router and selected 'Add-Sensor' then went to the PE653 and hit the Include Button as suggested by the router and the PE653 Manual.

Nothing happened.

The PE653 is outside the house about 40 feet from the Router.  I also have a remote connected to the PE653 so perhaps I have to disconnect the remote first?

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline JDogg016

• Backer
Re: Intermatic PE653 - PROGRESS! BUT NOW I NEED HELP/ADVICE
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 07:56:22 pm »
Ok, so I went reading and it turns out you must unlink the remote (which is not a big deal) since I can use the iPhone app to control the device.  Here is the bummer.
The PE653 has five different controls (ie. pool pump/light/salt/temperature).  It appears when I goto the Almond+ to add a sensor and I press the "include" button.  Only 1 sensor gets added and it does not appear that you can add more by just repeating the process.

Now, I am a newbie at all this, but it seems that at this point some more investigation is needed by the Almond+ team.  One thing (and not to impart upon your competition).  The people at MiCasaVerde have a tremendously long thread on this exact item and they got all the sensors to work with the help of Intermatic who seems to be more than willing to assist.

If anyone else has any thoughts/suggestions I am more than glad to lend a hand or assist.

Offline JDogg016

• Backer
Re: Intermatic PE653
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 10:02:12 am »
Last thought for now.

In reading through the manual for the PE953, it occurs to me that the remote control device PE653 may be the answer because you can transmit/copy the remote settings from 1 device to another. Thing is, there doesn't seem to be a way for the almond to accept/receive this transmission.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 02:06:14 am »
Wow, I didn't even know there was such a thing.
I'm afraid that it's not supported at the moment and I can't even give you an ETA of when we might support it.

Offline JDogg016

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 09:17:33 am »
Bummer.  It is quasi supported because the Almond+ recognizes the device.  It just only adds the first circuit/sensor of the device which controls the chlorinator.

MCV supports it and the Intermatic people are quite good at integrating so I sincerely hope you make it a point to try to work on it because it was sort of the only reason I bought the Almond+ (Ok that's not entirely true I needed a good quality router, but Z-Wave was a big plus)

Offline JDogg016

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 11:53:15 am »
Any sort of an update?

LGNilsson

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 01:15:17 am »
To be honest, I don't think we'll ever be adding support for it, as it's too unusual of a device. We might have a generic device option in the future, but it's not going to be this year.

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 17 queries.