Choose style:

Author Topic: Everspring SM103 Door/Window sensor  (Read 5987 times)

Offline jhchang

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Everspring SM103 Door/Window sensor
« on: October 07, 2014, 10:19:55 am »
I just installed and connected an Everspring SM103 Door/Window sensor to my Almond+.  No problems showing on the web interface but no visibility via the iOS app.  Am hoping an app update will fix this.

The range is pretty impressive - it's on the 3rd floor of my house and the router is in the basement, so it's covering 4 floors.  I'll see how things go from a battery perspective (3 AAA).  Placement is kinda key because of the way that it mounts to the wall plus the way that the battery compartment works.  I didn't do a good job of placement, but I figure I'll switch that when I replace the batteries.  Luckily I used double-sided tape for the initial placement.

Amazon link is:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B8DFCGU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a bit cheaper than other sensors of its type (29.99 as of when I write this).

LGNilsson

Re: Everspring SM103 Door/Window sensor
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 10:38:46 am »
It will, we're waiting for it to be tested and approved by Apple, but it's taking some time due to iOS 8 being new.

It might be cheaper, but it's also humongous, we have one in the office and it's about twice the size of other door/window sensors we've seen/tested.

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 18 queries.

bottleneck