Choose style:

Author Topic: Can’t Add Iris sensor  (Read 7245 times)

Offline chrisbrummel

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Can’t Add Iris sensor
« on: October 11, 2014, 12:25:29 pm »
I’ve tried adding an Iris door/window sensor to the Almond+ by going to “Add Sensor” and tapping on “Add”. The process gets to the point of “Gathering” info about the sensor, but then proceeds to fail 100% of the time.

Any ideas? Am I forced to have the Iris smart hub? I was under the assumption that it was all Z-Wave (or Zigbee, can’t remember) compatible and that I just needed the sensor and not the hub.

Thanks,
Chris

Offline sorphin

• Backer
Re: Can’t Add Iris sensor
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 07:29:48 pm »
The lowes Iris sensors (that are actually made by them/alertme are not directly compatible.. I've been working on (when i've had time) interfacing them to the A+ in a different way.. but again, it's a time thing..

I’ve tried adding an Iris door/window sensor to the Almond+ by going to “Add Sensor” and tapping on “Add”. The process gets to the point of “Gathering” info about the sensor, but then proceeds to fail 100% of the time.

Any ideas? Am I forced to have the Iris smart hub? I was under the assumption that it was all Z-Wave (or Zigbee, can’t remember) compatible and that I just needed the sensor and not the hub.

Thanks,
Chris

LGNilsson

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 11:42:16 pm »
Lowe's did something proprietary to their ZigBee sensors and as sorphin pointed out, some extra stuff would be needed to support them. They're also ZigBee HA 1.1 which isn't 100% compatible with ZigBee HA 1.2, although it does mostly work. Any Z-Wave devices from Lowe's that are on our supported sensor list should work though. It's also noted that none of their ZigBee sensors work on the same list.

Offline chrisbrummel

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 03:10:30 pm »
Hmm…

I bought the DWS800, which is not what I thought I ordered. The DSW901 is what is listed on the compatibility list. Any way to get this sensor to work or am I screwed? Any way I can implement the “different way”?

Thanks,
Chris

Offline Oendaril

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 06:30:59 pm »
The DSW901 is on the list as a tested non-working item. Note the "Works?" column, which all of the iris zigbee items are listed as no.

Page created in 0.419 seconds with 19 queries.

bottleneck