bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Hidden SSID  (Read 4576 times)

Offline Robb

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Hidden SSID
« on: November 30, 2013, 10:27:19 pm »
We live in the US and have an apartment in China. I set up a network there with a D-Link DIR615 router. It works fine, but the walls of the apartment are very thick and the wifi range does not extend to all rooms. I bought an extender in China which works, but it is difficult to set up. After the network has been powered down, it needs to be reconfigured, a step which is very difficult for my wife. She will be returning there soon and I want to provide her with a replacement extender that will be very easy to set up. I thought the Almond would be perfect except for security purposes, the SSID is hidden so I assume it will not be listed by the wizard. Is there a method around that step which allows you to type in the SSID and Password directly?

Thanks for the help. I am hoping the Almond will be the solution.

LGNilsson

Re: Hidden SSID
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 02:31:09 am »
Hi Robb,

Sadly no, not at the moment, but it's a feature that we've been looking at implementing, but I'm afraid I don't have an ETA on when it'll be done.
You could technically set up the Almond with your D-Link router by unhiding the SSID initially and then hiding once the Almond has been connected. The issue here is that the Almond wouldn't hide the SSID in turn, which I presume is what you'd want?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 02:33:55 am by Lars »

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 17 queries.