Choose style:

Author Topic: Router hanging on securifi splash screen  (Read 4941 times)

Offline Waveblade

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Router hanging on securifi splash screen
« on: October 30, 2014, 03:16:39 pm »
So all has been well for my almond plus up until last night where the router was tossing out random lua errors when accessing from the Openwrt interface. Looking up other forum posts, it seems like others who had this problem mention something about some kind of firmware corruption. Using the regular interface only led to blank pages so I was unable to do any changes in configuration not with the touchscreen interface. My internet was working though the access to my sensors was unavailable through the app, web interface, or directly on the router. In an attempt to try accessing the settings via the touchscreen, the router restarted with the typical splash screen. It no longer broadcasts either radio setting and I don't appear to have wired access. I tried doing a reset but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Every 3 or so minutes the screen does turn off and it appears to restart and continues to display the splash screen. It get a brief connection on my laptop when wired but that disappears within 5 seconds.

Not sure where the firmware corruption happened since I haven't updated the firmware since about a month with the current release. I think I was at 10 days runtime so no random restarts either.

Any ideas? I'll call support later today when I have a chance

Offline chevyman142000

• Backer
Re: Router hanging on securifi splash screen
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 07:17:07 pm »
I have had mine hang up on the boot screen only when a USB device was plugged into it. Could be your culprit if you have something plugged in. Otherwise, you may need to RMA it.

Offline Waveblade

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 11:42:19 pm »
Sadly nothing plugged in.

LGNilsson

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 11:58:42 pm »
I presume pressing and holding the reset button doesn't fix it either?
Please email [suspicious]support@securifi.com[/suspicious] and we'll get it replaced.

Offline Waveblade

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 02:21:57 pm »
I presume pressing and holding the reset button doesn't fix it either?
Please email [suspicious]support@securifi.com[/suspicious] and we'll get it replaced.
Nope, sent them an email earlier hopefully get a response before the end of the weekend.

Offline francehopper

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 08:16:08 pm »
My replacement did have a LuCI corruption on first boot, but I think that might have happened because I tried to login to it too fast. Thankfully a reset did fix it.

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 17 queries.