bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond+ computer interface?  (Read 5895 times)

Offline RobLewis

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Almond+ computer interface?
« on: December 01, 2014, 02:10:42 pm »
I bought the Almond+ for its home automation features, pretty much on faith that it would be useful in my system, which is based on a Mac running the excellent XTension software.

XTension currently supports several Z-Wave computer interfaces, and they particularly recommend the Vera units, with ZTroller as a second choice.

Is there any prospect that the Almond+ can function as an interface for XTension? How much coding effort is involved?

Offline pete

Re: Almond+ computer interface?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 07:17:00 pm »
Looking at XTension software this afternoon per your post.  It is very impressive. 

Here utilize (aside from Almond +) Vera, Z-Troller, Aeon stick and Leviton Vizia RF serial controller.  Mostly to tinker with.

Just a guess that you are most familiar with the XTension software API stuff. 

I am bumping this post as personally I am curious how many folks are using the XTension automation software here on the forum.
[img width= height= alt=" width="250" height="52" class="bbc_img resized]http://forum.securifi.com/Themes/Firox_multicolor_by_SMFSimple/images/logo.png[/img]
Pete
Lockport, IL  USA

Offline curach

• Backer
Re: Almond+ computer interface?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 06:40:15 am »

Another XTension user here. It is very powerful and very flexible. I am hoping that there will be a way to integrate Almond+ in there somehow. There is a DIY interface that gives a lot of flexibility.

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 21 queries.