bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Home Energy Meter 2 Clamp AEO_DSB09104  (Read 13873 times)

Offline Talard

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Home Energy Meter 2 Clamp AEO_DSB09104
« on: December 06, 2014, 07:03:16 pm »
I try to add a Z-wave energy meter 2 clap (AEO_DSB09104) by Aeon Labs but it's just unsuported.
I read post about the Aeon Labs DSB28 2Clap 60A G2 and Securifi was about to get one.

So where are we now ?

Thanks for help !

LGNilsson

Re: Home Energy Meter 2 Clamp AEO_DSB09104
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 12:24:30 am »
As pointed out, right now we're busy working on the automation, so we've put adding new sensors on the back burner, but we'll start adding new things again soon. This is one of the things we haven't added yet, but it will be supported in the future.

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 01:42:44 pm »
Just putting my vote in too.. Amazon has dropped this to $29.00 and I think this could be really useful.

Offline Automate

• Backer
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 03:02:49 pm »
Amazon has dropped this to $29.00
That is a good price but it's for 1st Gen.  Looks like they are getting rid of stock in preparation for 2nd Gen.  From the Aeon web site the new version will have better wireless range and
Improved accuracy.
The first energy monitor we made recorded basic electricity usage, but our latest model takes it to a whole new level. Now you’ll have access to all the data you need, whether that’s the amount of watts your home is using or the amount of kilowatt-hours you should be charged for, and all in real-time.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 08:34:40 pm »
Here is to hoping for mine eventually also. I have a 1st Gen one. The biggest difference from what I can find online is that the second generation can be directly wired into the breaker box itself. No need for batteries or running USB for charging to it like with the 1st Gen. The accuracy difference and wireless range are a little debatable apparently (I do not have a 2nd Gen to compare it to, I am waiting for a Neurio (Kickstarter) to be my reading. But I put the Aeon Labs onto a secondary panel we have to check it out.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline pluggin

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 12:07:47 am »
Someone might expect things like this on "open source" products but not on a payment product like Almond+ (That certainly is not cheap)
Only make promises but few results.. So when are going to be support this sensor on every apps Android, web and IOS?
Regards
Almod+ - 4 open/close door sensor - 1 Peanut Plug - 1 Aeotec multisensor - 1 Aeotec microdrimmer - 1 everspring siren - 2 Almond keyfob

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 06:17:59 pm »
Someone might expect things like this on "open source" products but not on a payment product like Almond+ (That certainly is not cheap)
Only make promises but few results.. So when are going to be support this sensor on every apps Android, web and IOS?
Regards

There are roughly 300 manufacturers and 1500 products out there for Z-Wave alone. Many with custom/proprietary software. Those that are Z-Wave Certified should support some standard software classes but that does not mean they "work correctly" out of the box with every controller.

I do like this product for power measurement and would like to see a couple options for something similar. I will do a little research and put something like this on my list and see if I can get it to work.

If someone wants to send me one, I could start on it sooner.  ;D
Kickstarter Backer
Securifi Wiki Editor and Beta Tester, Not a Securifi employee
Almond+, many sensors, IOS App, Android Apps and Widgets

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 01:14:14 pm »
Are you in the US ? I could ship http://www.amazon.com/Aeon-Labs-AEDSB09104ZWUS-Aeotec-Monitor/dp/B00DIBSKFU/ref=pd_sim_328_9?ie=UTF8&refRID=1D6KMXYP8EZ2ZTYT3EAQ from Amazon to you. Once you are done, can you send it to me via USPS Priority mail. I will send a shipping label as well.

Just confirm if you want the Gen 1 or Gen 2 ?

Also, do you work for Securifi? I am curious as to how you can add the support, (from SDK?) If there is a way from the SDK, I would like to do it myself because I have a DSC system that I would love to integrate.

Offline Neel737

• Backer
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 09:34:27 pm »
Are you in the US ? I could ship http://www.amazon.com/Aeon-Labs-AEDSB09104ZWUS-Aeotec-Monitor/dp/B00DIBSKFU/ref=pd_sim_328_9?ie=UTF8&refRID=1D6KMXYP8EZ2ZTYT3EAQ from Amazon to you. Once you are done, can you send it to me via USPS Priority mail. I will send a shipping label as well.

Also, do you work for Securifi? I am curious as to how you can add the support, (from SDK?) If there is a way from the SDK, I would like to do it myself because I have a DSC system that I would love to integrate.

That's my requirements as well. Actually my number 1 requirement at this point is Alarm panel integration (eyez-on to be more specific) and I even can live with many other half baked features. IIRC Amrit probably promised to get back to us on this very feature.

I have a AEO_DSB09104 connected to my power panel and it shows the power usage on LCD UI (albeit delayed a bit). It does not have any other UI support. The problem is the reading on my second clamp does not change after some days!

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 12:34:26 am »

No, I do not work for Securifi.
Yes I am in the U.S.

The SDK does not allow you to "add" support, but if the support is there because a given class was implemented, you can read the info in a custom app.

Simple Metering is supported currently.
http://firmware.securifi.com/sdkdocs/class_device.html#a6119db4ada42ae3e2052fa8d5b87b258a1d6da06152e79556ef50910c1c914da5

As is the Basic and Command Class.

Would have to see how it works or if wants something like Meter Class to report/function properly.
http://www.openzwave.com/dev/classOpenZWave_1_1Meter.html

Some folks have integrated it with some other well known controllers and apps out there.
https://github.com/SANdood/Aeon-HEM-v2

If the Gen 1 works, the Gen2 will also work.

I need to look at the power monitoring of the Peanut Plug and see what class(es) it supports and then look at the Aeon.
If it is "almost" there, you can mod the DeviceList.xml file to make it appear supported. This is a hack/workaround but doable short term, again, if the needed classes are there.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 12:36:45 am by SecureComp »
Kickstarter Backer

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 02:04:12 am »
I went ahead and ordered the Gen1 just because it was less money.

Also ordered the Smart Energy Switch 15A.

Under /almond/config/aeon_labs in the Almond+ there are the XML files from the OpenZWave stuff.

I'll take run a few quick tests and see what happens. Worst case I just ship them back to Amazon.

The stuff will be in by the end of this week. Might look at it over the weekend and post up some feedback.
Kickstarter Backer

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 03:20:13 pm »
Switch and Meter arrived this week.
Installed the SES switch and am checking into a meter reporting bug with the apps.

Will attempt to install Meter Clamps this weekend and see what I can get running.
Kickstarter Backer

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2015, 12:31:59 pm »
I installed the meter today.

It paired up easily with the Almond+

You do have to open the battery box and hit hit the pair button on the DSB09104 to get it to sync up.

When setting up the device you are given several option on the LCD UI, I selected Energy Meter.

The LCD UI displays the total power in Watts and kWh and the individual reading from each clamp in Watts and kWh. It also shows a Low Battery or 0% because I did not use batteries and am running off of the USB Power Supply provided.

The Cloud App reports the total power usage in Watts but I think it is showing Clamp1.Clamp2 W and you have to add them together to get total Watts.

Both the IOS and the Android App show the device but list it as Unsupported and do NOT show any Power Readings.

The HEMV1 and HEMV2 xml files are in the Aeon Labs sub directory so I will look at them and see if we can tweak things a little bit to get some readings displayed on the apps. Not sure if it's possible. Will also look at the Log files and see what is being reported there.

Curious to see if this is acting as a Z-Wave repeater. Should be since it is running off of A/C power.

Not bad for an out of the box setup and shouldn't take much to get it reporting to the apps. Not sure if xml manipulation will do the trick or if we'll have to wait for a firmware update but I'll know shortly and will post up results.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 12:38:28 pm by SecureComp »
Kickstarter Backer

Offline SecureComp

• Backer
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2015, 11:54:32 am »
The log files are updated regularly with the Power Meter info, the apps just aren't processing it correctly.

It was easy enough to use sed to grab the data and view power usage over a period of time. Definitely can tell when the refrigerator is kicking on and sucking juice.
Kickstarter Backer

Offline d.kiran

• Backer
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 06:29:12 pm »
Thanks @SecureComp. So none of the 4 views show a proper graph of the power usage over time? If that's the case, can I assume that it wouldn't work on rules either ?

--Kiran

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck