bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Bulbs, how many have you purchased of each? Scratch that, vote for a failed bulb  (Read 9410 times)

LGNilsson

I managed to connect directly to a brand new, single purchase LUX bulb, so we can talk to some hue bulbs directly, but not ones from a kit, as they're pre-paired with the hue hub and can't be reset. I'm surprised the Cree bulbs don't work in one way, but we haven't had anything with the Atmel chipset they're based on so far, so it could be that they're doing things a bit differently. I'll make sure we get some asap.

Offline dbuttke

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
They can be "stolen" from the hue hub from what I gather. Google lampstealer...
http://www.everyhue.com/?page_id=167

Offline jjbiese

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
The instructions do not have pairing instructions for anything but WINK, in the WINK guide it says to keep the bulb off, press 'pair' and turn them on. I would assume it would have worked the same for zigbee/zwave controllers as well.

I wonder if you have to reset the bulb first. I had to reset the GE Link bulb before I was able to connect it to the Almond. Here are the instructions from the Cree FAQ page to reset it:(Vary similar to GE Link)

If you have successfully set up your compatible hub, but cannot get a Cree® Connected LED bulb to pair with the hub in the applicable app, you can factory reset your bulbs. To do this, install your bulb in a light fixture and turn it on. (Tip – for best results, install the bulb where you can turn the power off at a wall switch.) Turn the light switch on and off at two second intervals until the light blinks once to indicate it has reset. This should happen at the 4th full on-off cycle. You can then turn the light off and pair the bulb with your hub via the mobile App.

LGNilsson

They can be "stolen" from the hue hub from what I gather. Google lampstealer...
http://www.everyhue.com/?page_id=167

That only works between a Philips bulb and the Hue hub, so not of much use unless you've bought second had Hue bulbs.

Offline atrueresistance

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
4 GE Link. Half the time I end up using the switch. The android app can't tell if the bulb is on or off.

Offline Mr Bacon

• Peanut
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Lifx here, but I was never expecting them to work. Considering how terrible their support has been. Seems to be turning around now though with their beta they have running right now.

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 17 queries.