bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Bulbs, how many have you purchased of each? Scratch that, vote for a failed bulb  (Read 9409 times)

Offline mr23

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I was hoping the Poll feature would allow voting more than once per Option, when you allow multiple votes per user. It doesn't.

Offline fillibar

• Backer
I have 3 of the GE Link bulbs now, one of which I have partially disassembled. All have worked pretty well so far and we have had no complaints on color or dimming levels. I also backed "The Q" on Kickstarter... So hopefully I will be able to get those linked up somehow.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline matthew7899

• Backer
I have approx 60 GE Link bulbs and haven't had any issues with them...I thought some were messed up early in the process of setting them up but then found a post somewhere on how to reset them and haven't had any issues since.

LGNilsson

We've tested Osram/Sylvania, Osram, Philips (Hue), GE Link and WeMo, not a single problem so far.

Offline ihaveworms

• Backer
We've tested Osram/Sylvania, Osram, Philips (Hue), GE Link and WeMo, not a single problem so far.

Here is to hoping the new zigbee Cree bulbs that come out soon will work as well.

LGNilsson

They might, since we didn't have to do anything special to support the GE or WeMo bulbs. We'll have to wait and see.

Offline dbuttke

• Backer
They might, since we didn't have to do anything special to support the GE or WeMo bulbs. We'll have to wait and see.
Looking online my local home Depot says they have these in Stock. So as soon as I can get over there I'll grab one and report back if it works.

LGNilsson

That would be great if you could.  :D

Offline fillibar

• Backer
dbuttke,
  Do you happen to have any of the GE Link bulbs? Wondering about a comparison between the two...
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline jamenlang

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
It seems that I'm the first person to pick up some cree zigbee/wink bulbs. I can't get them to show up on the almond. If anyone has a workaround please post it :)
3x Cree connected bulbs - mostly working, some toggle failures using the app; Monoprice PIR - working, waiting for temperature rules;  Trane Thermostat - working; Linear T500Z - working; 3x GE outlets - working; Aeon G2 micro switch, working.

Offline dbuttke

• Backer
It seems that I'm the first person to pick up some cree zigbee/wink bulbs. I can't get them to show up on the almond. If anyone has a workaround please post it :)
just curious here... I do think install instructions saysay to do to pair these bulbs?

Offline jamenlang

• Backer
The instructions do not have pairing instructions for anything but WINK, in the WINK guide it says to keep the bulb off, press 'pair' and turn them on. I would assume it would have worked the same for zigbee/zwave controllers as well.
3x Cree connected bulbs - mostly working, some toggle failures using the app; Monoprice PIR - working, waiting for temperature rules;  Trane Thermostat - working; Linear T500Z - working; 3x GE outlets - working; Aeon G2 micro switch, working.

Offline dbuttke

• Backer

Offline jamenlang

• Backer
Looks like this is going to require some special update to the FW to support Serial Number association?

Offline dbuttke

• Backer
Not sure.
Found something else saying "you can link it into any hub that has ZigBee capability and ZigBee Light Link certified hubs, including Philips Hue, WeMo Link Hub and GE Link."

This link said they were finicky:  http://www.tuaw.com/2015/01/22/cree-connected-led-bulbs-inexpensive-compatible-home-automatio/

Other quick research on these say that GE link bulbs UE the ZigBee home automation profile where the Cree uses the light link profile like the hue.
Does the almond plus control the hue bulbs directly or through the hub?

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.