Choose style:

Author Topic: Deeply disappointed - Almond+ vs. Almond 2015  (Read 2935 times)

Offline psixilambda

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Deeply disappointed - Almond+ vs. Almond 2015
« on: March 19, 2015, 06:00:43 pm »
I must voice my concern and ultimately disappointment about the launch of the Almond 2015.

At the current state of the backer financed Almond+ it seems ironic to launch another product. Basic functionality that had been implied or plainly promised is not there yet:

VLAN tagging: explicitly marked as supported - still unavailable and no ETA
Scenes, Groups, Associations - features required by a lot of Zwave devices to implement secondary functions (like 2nd switch input on fibraro 2*1,5k switch)
custom parameters for zwave devices: i.e. enable custom wake up times on setpoint thermostats (wake up time lager than default 300s) or enable different switch behavior (mono - bistable switches)
danfoss LC13 (latest firmware) still shown as unsupported device in WEB interface, shown as supported in ANDROID-app but not working, shown as supported and working in LCD UI --- inconsistent behavior across different paths shows me that team lacks dedication for correct implementation of basic functionality. The thermostat works but is useless as it can not be used in rules, scenes.

The current product is (regarding home automation) miles away from the Vera 3 it had originally been pitched against. (Remember the original Kickstarter???)

Now with the Almond 2015 what are the future plans for the Almond+ platform? I would very much appreciate some comments.

Thanks Alex

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck