bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Cannot get Almond+ to ACTUALLY change IP address!  (Read 2732 times)

Offline outbackrob

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Cannot get Almond+ to ACTUALLY change IP address!
« on: August 24, 2015, 07:28:29 pm »
Just fired up a new Almond+.   Had the Ping issue and manually installed R80.  Using it with my current Almond+ in extender mode to act as a bridge.  It is working and have the SSID hidden. :)    Every time I set it up in Extender Mode it defaults to an IP4 address of 192.168.1.236.  How that is chosen, I don't know, but it happens to be in my network so that is OK.  HOWEVER, I am AR and have different ranges for different types of devices.   I want to put this A+ into a range.   Can't change the IP address with the LCD when not in Router mode.  Can't do it from the basic web page either.   Went into Advanced Mode and OpenWRT then Network and LAN Settings.   Changed it there.  After it saved, I clicked back to the main status page and under network, it showed the IP address I wanted, but the URL in the browser was .236 still.    I went back in and under WAN I changed it there too.   SAME issue.  Still shows the entered IP address in the graphic, but it is still physically .236.

Is it hard coded at 192.168.1.236?   I have reset the router to factory and it always defaults back to .236.

It ALSO does the same sort of thing with the 5G channels.   It defaults to 149.  My neighbors run at 149 so I changed it to 157.  In the status EVERYWHERE it shows 157, but a WiFi scanner shows it is still on 149.   How do I changes these so they actually change???

Thinking about swapping my two Almonds to see if the 1st one will work as I think it should work.   That would take my net down...so maybe I will wait to see what the experts think first!   ;)

Rob

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 20 queries.