bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Where is the WPS button? I have a wireless printer that requires WPS  (Read 10573 times)

Offline duaneoda

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Where is the WPS button (which is a feature on most wireless routers)? I have a wireless printer that requires WPS

Offline Ashok

• Securifi Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Where is the WPS button? I have a wireless printer that requires WPS
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 10:03:55 pm »
@ duaneoda,

Connecting the devices using a WPS option is not that secured, hence, we did not add that to our Almond 2015.

You could connect the printer wireless by connecting a USB cable to the laptop and run the printer software and select wireless setup, later on you can disconnect the cable.

Offline Shazster

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Where is the WPS button? I have a wireless printer that requires WPS
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 10:37:36 am »
Nothing "requires" WPS. It just shortcuts the connection procedure/initial handshake when adding a WPS enabled device  to the network. There should still be the ability to setup your printer the old fashioned way.

From what I understand, WPS' security is garbage, and I'm muddling my way through learning basic networking -so I'm OK without WPS...
      ...but if you are going to put "Routers for humans" on your box, it should at least be an option you can activate. There's certainly room for one more pastel colored tile on my little screen.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 10:45:27 am by Shazster »

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.

bottleneck