bottleneck
Choose style:

Author Topic: Almond+ Firmware AP2-R093  (Read 24396 times)

Offline rb653504

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Almond+ Firmware AP2-R093
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2019, 12:46:49 pm »
Hello folks,

When are we going to see an update to the firmware on this router?

Offline rn777

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2020, 05:37:30 am »
Why is the device no longer supported? Where are the promised bug fixes with the file system, disabling authorization on the 5GHz channel and others?
Is this a customer-oriented policy?

Offline jeffbax

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2020, 08:07:21 am »
I agree, for months now my router has been acting up. It reboots multiple times per day, and as of late the 5GHz uptime is about 15 minutes and then the whole thing just seems to die. I am trying to go back to R092 and see if that helps, but the lack of support is really lame. When I called/emailed, I was pretty much told "make sure its plugged into the wall" (which, is strange it is the one device unsafe to put into my UPS?) and after that "how about purchase one of our newer devices".

How about is there some kind of diagnostics I could send so you could actually tell me whether there's a hardware failure or not? I've been using the router since I got it from Kickstarter and it's generally been decently reliable (though nothing compares to my old 54GL) and increasingly just is crapping itself.

The one thing I expect out of my premium priced router is

1. Hardware that lasts
2. Stability (increasingly seems like I will be forced to replace this router as its)
3. Security updates (which if the last update was in 2019 guessing that is a flop too now)

The bulk of the features in this thing, I simply don't use or seem non-functional/complete anyway. Heck, the time sync doesn't even account for timezone and is UTC-only 5 hours ahead of me.

I can't for the life of me see myself purchasing another Securifi product given the rapid deterioration of this router and sparse software support for it.

Offline Shazster

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2020, 10:28:36 am »
Great concept. Utterly shitty execution, predictably devolving into the "now we'd like your money monthly"/network-support-as-a-service bait & switch grift.
It's unfortunate really, but there is nothing to be done.
My advice:
Get a really good router w. or w/o wifi and use your A+ as your primary wifi access point or as an additional wired wifi extender. It's what I did. The home automation functionality for zwave & zigbee devices that comprises the HA hub part still works really well.

Offline quintilio

• Backer
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2020, 03:42:56 am »
We are the first customer that give a chance to securifi with almond+ product.
Now nobody reply us about this amazing product.
IT's still alive?
some update are avaiable?
Yes, no, maybe?
Quintilio

Offline Alexmarsh1456

YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2020, 03:27:10 pm »
Tried a reset and it is still not recognizing the internet cable. Comcast says internet and router are fine. Any suggestions? Not very tech savvy.

Offline quintilio

• Backer
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2021, 01:28:12 pm »
I'm very sad about this router.
The hardware is still good, but We can' t receive update, the wifi does not work fine.
The only way is update to a new version of kamikaze or other openwrt version, but nobody posted a compatible version on this forum.
What do you think about that?
Thanks
Q.
Quintilio

Offline ElricX

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2021, 10:33:16 pm »
I think the company is dead. It's sad because I like very much their product.  Indeed, the wifi is problematic, I have found that wifi client which use Wifi 6 are not 100% compatible with the WPA2 security protocol implemented in the Almond+..

I have sent an email to support for many problem, and they are not giving a big helping hand. At least they reply to me but that's all.

Offline bebopblues

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2021, 10:23:00 pm »
I just disable the Wifi and bought a TP-Link EAP245 V3 | Omada AC1750 Gigabit Wireless Access Point. Even when the wifi was working, it's no where near as good as a dedicated wifi access point. The Almond+ still works well as a router and hub for the zwave and zigbee devices.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck