Choose style:

Author Topic: Aeon Labs Aotech Multi-Sensor  (Read 37048 times)

Offline Andy

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Aeon Labs Aotech Multi-Sensor
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2015, 07:55:25 pm »
Go to the sensor on the LCD UI and there's a settings option there that allows you to modify the Z-Wave parameters. Check the Aeon Labs manual for the correct parameters. You can do offset for the temperature, not sure about the rest.

Thanks, Lars!  Do you happen to know the syntax of what Almond+ is expecting to see?  i.e. anything weird like hex or some pinpinpin=valuevaluevalue;anotherpin=anothervalue?

Anybody else managed to adjust settings on Aeotech Multisensor 6?

Offline grouter

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2015, 08:26:33 pm »
I contacted Aeon support and was given the following link to all of their "gen 5 engineering sheets."

https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000088070-gen5

I checked out the MultiSensor6 doc and it has a boatload of settings you can change; PIR timeout, thresholds for all the sensors as to when to trigger a report, what value constitutes a low battery, you name it. What works with the A+, I'm not sure. Hopefully I can get some time to try this out tomorrow.

Offline Andy

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2015, 12:26:57 pm »
I contacted Aeon support and was given the following link to all of their "gen 5 engineering sheets."

https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000088070-gen5

I checked out the MultiSensor6 doc and it has a boatload of settings you can change; PIR timeout, thresholds for all the sensors as to when to trigger a report, what value constitutes a low battery, you name it. What works with the A+, I'm not sure. Hopefully I can get some time to try this out tomorrow.

I opened a support ticket with Aeon Labs 2 days ago and yesterday (within 24 hours) I got a response with links and instructions from them.  I didn't have a chance to try it yet, but once i get to it, i will share my experience.  So far, i like the level of Aeon Labs documentation and support, i think i am going to get more of their toys now.

Andy 

Offline grouter

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2016, 09:32:19 pm »
I tried a number of settings and didn't have any luck. Kept getting errors in the device history shown in the android app. I ended up removing and resetting the sensor a number of times and several times a few of the sensors were missing in the LCD gui (no "more" button).

Offline cswilly

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2016, 06:39:07 am »
Purchased Aeon Labs Multisensor 6 from Amazon France. Working after a bit of fiddling.

My Almond+ recognized the multisensor right away. Added it as a "multisensor".

Initially, the motion sensor did not work and the other sensors updated after a very long time.

Used the parameters in https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000088070-gen5 (thanks @grouter) to:
  • Enabled the motion sensor (param 4 ==>1)
  • Enabled the selective reporting (param 40 ==>1)

After all was good.

Aeon Labs Multisensor 6 - Z-Wave Plus
http://www.amazon.fr/Aeon-Labs-Multisensor-Z-Wave-Plus/dp/B0141FQDJQ

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 17 queries.

bottleneck