Choose style:

Author Topic: Humidity Sensor, not Thermostat?  (Read 8420 times)

Offline mr23

• Backer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Humidity Sensor, not Thermostat?
« on: May 23, 2016, 09:16:48 pm »
Is there a ZW or ZB humidity sensor (or multisensor) that works with Almond+?
I've only found information about Thermostats with humidity, and I don't want a thermostat in the location (bathroom).

I'm in need of a new bath fan, and am looking into a GE 12730 + basic fan + RH sensor + Almond+.
Thinking about the capabilities that Panasonic FV-08VQC5 has, plus more.

Offline grouter

• Beta Testers
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Humidity Sensor, not Thermostat?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 09:22:01 pm »

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 11:32:31 pm »
Thank you for the quick reply.

Offline robrob

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 01:14:07 pm »
i bought 1 of these sensor but cannot seems to pair it.
any suggestion what i should do?

Offline grouter

• Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 05:41:47 pm »
i bought 1 of these sensor but cannot seems to pair it.
any suggestion what i should do?

Try and try again... I think I've had the best luck by double (or triple, can't remember) pressing the hidden corner button on the back.

Once paired, things may still not look right. It seems as though once paired the A+ really doesn't have all of the info it needs for the device. To see the behavior on the lcd, pair and then edit settings at the tail end of the pairing process. Most of the time, only some of the six sensors appear. Exit out and wait 5-10 minutes, Go back into the device via lcd and all of the sensors are there.

Offline mr23

• Backer
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 10:14:34 pm »
Try and try again... I think I've had the best luck by double (or triple, can't remember) pressing the hidden corner button on the back.

Once paired, things may still not look right. It seems as though once paired the A+ really doesn't have all of the info it needs for the device. To see the behavior on the lcd, pair and then edit settings at the tail end of the pairing process. Most of the time, only some of the six sensors appear. Exit out and wait 5-10 minutes, Go back into the device via lcd and all of the sensors are there.

Do it on USB power, not battery.
I also calibrated it and adjusted some settings.

Offline Automate

• Backer
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 04:04:26 pm »
Anyone know if this sensor will work with A+?  http://store.linksprite.com/temperature-and-humidity/?gclid=CjwKEAjwn7e8BRCUqZiP_vnrtBkSJAC_lp4HP1DPQF9j0pL2tCPifUs9riUpO9GjWEgltV3K-fyBqhoCdzjw_wcB

Quite a bit cheaper than the Aeon if you don't need all its functions.

Offline grouter

• Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 04:24:20 pm »
Anyone know if this sensor will work with A+?  http://store.linksprite.com/temperature-and-humidity/?gclid=CjwKEAjwn7e8BRCUqZiP_vnrtBkSJAC_lp4HP1DPQF9j0pL2tCPifUs9riUpO9GjWEgltV3K-fyBqhoCdzjw_wcB

Quite a bit cheaper than the Aeon if you don't need all its functions.

That looks good. And it's ZigBee, which I'm liking much more than Z-wave so far.

Offline jeffery

• Acorn
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 10:19:48 am »
Can anyone confirm temp and humidity works w/ Almond+ and the LinkSprite?

Offline Tramol

• Backer
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2016, 11:35:38 pm »
Just got the linksprite in the mail today. Gonna try and hook it up tomorrow. This will be my first sensor and it came with no documentation and I couldn't find a manual online. So hopefully I can stumble through getting it going. Is the almond app where I would be able to retrieve the info from the sensor?

Offline Tramol

• Backer
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 03:41:29 pm »
OK tried to pair it 3 times and just getting association failed message. Am I doing it right?

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 05:02:06 pm »
Is it close to the Almond+ (within 3 feet / 1 meter)?
Was it previously used and maybe needs a reset?
Only generic help because nobody seems to have dealt with these (including SmartThings).

Just so they have the basics, send a log to Securifi and mention it is from a Linksprite association failure, or some such, so their people can take a look to see what happened (if anything).
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Offline grouter

• Beta Testers
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 07:39:45 pm »
Just got the linksprite in the mail today. Gonna try and hook it up tomorrow. This will be my first sensor and it came with no documentation and I couldn't find a manual online. So hopefully I can stumble through getting it going. Is the almond app where I would be able to retrieve the info from the sensor?

Have you seen anything that says it's Zigbee HA 1.2? I haven't been able to find any specs...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 02:51:45 pm by grouter »

Offline Tramol

• Backer
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2016, 12:07:43 am »
Have you seen anything that says it's Zigbee HA 1.2? I haven't been able to find and specs...

Their website is quite lacking, other than mentioning that it works on "Zigbee adhoc network" that's all we get. It does however say "It only works for linker zigbee gateway module" so that might be the catch. Like I said this is my first sensor and foray into this type of stuff so this is a learning experience for me.

Is it close to the Almond+ (within 3 feet / 1 meter)?
Was it previously used and maybe needs a reset?
Only generic help because nobody seems to have dealt with these (including SmartThings).

Just so they have the basics, send a log to Securifi and mention it is from a Linksprite association failure, or some such, so their people can take a look to see what happened (if anything).

I had the thing laying on the bezel of the almond+, don't think it can get any closer than that ;D.  It was brand new out of the box and the box contained no instructions what so ever. It came with a little pin that I assumed went into a hole that made an led blink fast which I assumed was bind mode? (thinking like a bluetooth device pairing mode?) And the almond seemed to pick it up and try to do something then gave me the error message. Not sure how to do a log to securifi, I'll have to look into it. I'm trying to get this set up at my new house that I haven't moved into yet and am not there a whole lot because of work. So don't know when I will be able to get back over there to tinker with it again.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Offline fillibar

• Backer
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2016, 12:38:44 am »
There are two ways to send a log. One is from the smartphone app. It should be on the last tab, the wifi one, at the very bottom. The other is from the LCD. Not near mine now, but I think it is in the Help section on the last screen...

The fact that it got as far as Association Failed means the Almond+ was seeing it... but just does not know how to "talk" to it. Some ZigBee devices have... differences... from the standards (ex: Lowe's Iris ZigBee devices). Yup, no need to get it any closer than that. It sounds like it is just something to send the logs and hope Securifi can add support for. I checked the website and the prices are reasonable, but the lack of information is pretty unacceptable nowadays IMO.
Almond 3 mesh handling the home.

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 24 queries.