bottleneck
Choose style:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Almond 3 / Re: does Almond 3 enforce wireless client seperation
« Last post by max_g on May 25, 2018, 12:54:08 pm »
I heard back from support with the very non-commital  " We don't have any known pattern related to this situation" 

which is very poor as it neither states this is or isnt a problem ( just sort of implies it might be an issue but not enough people are aware of it/ compalining about it yet )
And frustrating as it doesnt provide a clear answer as to wether this feature is or isnt enabled by default

I have therefore replied to their suggestion to escalate and sent the following ( hopefully +ve critical feedback)

Dear Securifi,

I'm raising this email as i have tried to find support from both your forum and the send logs capability within the app.

I bought the Almond 3 multi pack as i was very exited by your product offerings and keen to benefit from a mesh network within my house.
the main reasons was to remove the need for different SSID's, improve roaming between AP's and have our more modern clients handover properly either between VoLTE/VoWIF semlessly and transparently.

unfortunately the experince i'm having doesnt live up to the marketing and sales material.

backgound

House is mid size 4 bedroom over 2 floors and one router ( previously WRT1900ac ) is almost good enough to cover 85%.
Internet is provided by FttC VDSL into the providers router acting purely as a modem in brdge mode.

using either my old router or the providers router i don't have any problems.

when using the Almond the following problems are apparent.

Vodafone sure signal ( femto cell) cant connect to the voda network
Android phones Pixel2 XL, Samsung S8 and tablets ( asus & lenovo) cant connect to heos speakers via Heos App.
cirtain PC's on the wired ethernet cant be contolled over team center by mobile phones unless the mobile phone is next to the main router ( where the PC is directly connected) 

lots of other issues like this ( new echo dots ) cant be setup via this network ( just time out ) but once setup on a different network they do operate ok.

its like the meshed Almond3's are doing something that impacts or limits the flow of data between clients on the wifi in a way a single AP bridged to a wired network would not.

I have heard of similar issues with google wifi's "double NAT" and am stuggling to get any confirmation if that is the problem here.

I have also asked a very simple question as to wether the Almond 3 router impliments "wireless client isolation" by default as this is a selectable feature on a number of your other almond models but there is no visible option in the GUI on the almond 3

So far noone will clarify if this is enabled or not providing generic non-commital answers like " We don't have any known pattern related to this situation"  which is very condesceding and poor customer service as it doesnt either answer the question about wether this feature is or isnt enabled or provide any clarity about securifi's knowledge about ithis potentially being related to the types of issues im experiencing.

please can someone escalate this to our of your CS managers or ideally someone within the engineering teams who can confirm if there are limitations to meshing that will never work transparently with some devices or wether wireless client isolation can be disabled or not  ?
Almond 3 / Re: Zwave USB in Wired Mesh Slave
« Last post by fillibar on May 25, 2018, 12:35:11 am »
You can plug the USB dongle into additional Almond 3 devices (besides the main one), however they will ONLY act as repeaters. There will be no control from them, but it will extend the overall range of the Z-Wave mesh.
Almond 3 / Zwave USB in Wired Mesh Slave
« Last post by tvpccr on May 24, 2018, 03:58:48 pm »
I saw an older conversation about this, subject that indiacted that the feature may be coming but I did not see a definitive answer as to its release:

In a wired Mesh Almond3 setup can I plug the USB  dongle into one of the wired slaves?

I ask as it will be the difference between 1-2 repeater devices or 4-5 of them.

Thanks!
Peanut plug / Plugs don't reset
« Last post by splitice on May 24, 2018, 12:34:45 am »
Hi,

We are currently doing R&D with a set of the original Walnut plugs acquired through a local rebrand. They seem to work decently, however refuse to be reset.

We have tried:
  • After insertion single press the pair button
  • After insertion 4 seconds of pressing the pair button
  • After insertion 10 seconds of pressing the pair button
  • After insertion more than 10 seconds of pressing the pair button
  • During insertion 4 seconds of pressing the pair button
  • During insertion 10 seconds of pressing the pair button
  • During insertion more than 10 seconds of pressing the pair button

None trigger a reset. Beacon requests are sent, and NwkOpen replies received however the plugs never join, indicating that they are still fixated on their old hub.

These devices identify as:
appVersion: 18
hwVersion: 17
manufacturerName: "Sercomm Corp."
modelId: "SZ-ESW01-AU"
stackVersion: 80
swBuildId: ""

Instructions? Is there a firmware update or similar to rectify this issue?
Home automation / Re: Irrigatoin or Sprinkler controller support?
« Last post by fillibar on May 22, 2018, 12:08:56 pm »
If they can control the valves used by the system, sure. If I remember correctly most are 24v AC valves. So if a relay switch could handle that it could easily set the valve on/off. Or more regular modules could turn the power supply on/off as needed. There are usually workarounds available to most things, especially if you can do some DIY... The problem is that it usually does not look as nice, may not be as robust, etc...
« Last post by bebopblues on May 21, 2018, 08:12:16 pm »
So would a bunch of binary switches work as controller?
« Last post by fillibar on May 21, 2018, 07:01:35 pm »
Not really. In most cases these are really just acting as MANY on/off switches (I thought I saw one that handles 16) but as far as I know the current Securifi implementations for multi-switches tend to only do 2 switches.

Not sure what the overall demand is to try to get Securifi to add support, but the best you can do is email support and let them know your interest. I have to assume they keep track of such requests when trying to figure out future features.
Home automation / Irrigatoin or Sprinkler controller support?
« Last post by bebopblues on May 21, 2018, 06:33:46 pm »
There's a few old threads for this but seems to go no where. Are there none that work with almond?
Almond 3 / Re: Almond beta has expired
« Last post by Ashok on May 21, 2018, 09:52:21 am »
@ Kinggovernator,

Hopefully, this week will release one iOS beta through test flight.
Almond and Almond A1A / Re: Network Drive
« Last post by Minayato on May 21, 2018, 06:04:12 am »
I am confident that this information is useful for many others.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 12 queries.

bottleneck