bottleneck
Choose style:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Almond+ / Re: Anyone experiencing frequent WiFi drops
« Last post by sriram on Today at 08:37:04 pm »
Factory resetting the Almond+ did not help and the issue is back again. I tried sending logs but it fails. Screenshot below:
Ideas/Feature requests / Band Steering for the Almond+
« Last post by bperryman2005 on Today at 04:29:31 pm »
As the subject thread implies, is there anything on the roadmap for band steering on the Almond+? Right now, I'm either having to call the SSID's something different or put both SSID's on one subnet. Thanks!
Home automation / Re: The Nest Guard
« Last post by fillibar on Today at 04:09:33 pm »
Well that kills the Almond Guard naming...
Maybe call it the Almond Shell?
Home automation / Re: The Nest Guard
« Last post by engr.jpc on Today at 02:07:53 pm »
it's interesting.

I've been waiting for the Almond Guard... In fact, I already ran 4 ethernet cables to the wall where I am planning to mount it. I wonder when it will come in Indiegogo.
Home automation / The Nest Guard
« Last post by mparadis on Today at 01:15:23 pm »
Nest (of Google) has unveiled the Nest Guard today and a corresponding home security system including a keypad and door sensors and security tags (NFC). Two tags, two sensors and keypad in a kit for $500. Additional tags for $25 and sensors for $59. The sensors have a neat feature that they have a button on them for temporarily disabling the alarm from that sensor only. They also unveiled a wireless doorbell and camera.
« Last post by sriram on Today at 08:59:59 am »
Interference was the first thing to spring to my mind. I took a look at the spectrum via Inssider and there were no networks on the same 5GHz channels as mine. I reset the device last night and haven't had any issues since (yet). If the issue occurs again, I'll make sure to send Securifi the logs.
Almond+ / Re: Dropping Connection
« Last post by mparadis on Today at 08:18:14 am »
You should send the logs when you are having issues. I urge anyone with these issues to contact Securifi Support, they are generally very helpful and it seems a handful of people here are having these issues. I would recommend a reset of the router and check to see if anything nearby could be causing interference (devices such as large electronics, microwaves, other wireless devices can all cause interference). I use an app that checks for wireless congestion as well since these problems can also be related to congested airways and a different channel may be needed.
« Last post by mparadis on Today at 08:17:53 am »
I'm seeing this issue now as well. Periodically the 5GHz network turns off and only the 2.4GHz network is available. A restart fixes this usually but this is not a long term option for me. Is anyone at Securifi able to reproduce this? I can send logs if needed when the 5GHz shutdown again.

You should send the logs. I urge anyone with these issues to contact Securifi Support, they are generally very helpful and it seems a handful of people here are having these issues. I would recommend a reset of the router and check to see if anything nearby could be causing interference (devices such as large electronics, microwaves, other wireless devices can all cause interference). I use an app that checks for wireless congestion as well since these problems can also be related to congested airways and a different channel may be needed.
Router mode the Almond will act as a full router and only requires a modem connection, it will have control over the DHCP and all other router functions. Access Point mode it is just providing internet access to devices connected to it but that service is being routed through whatever router it is connected to. In your case if you set up the Almond as a router you would have a Double NAT because you'd have one network off another. Depending on what you want to do both can work but the simpler option is to set it up as a wired access point in that situation.
Home automation / Re: Google Assistant
« Last post by steveo94 on Today at 01:56:54 am »
I agree! I don't think most people realize how useful it would be.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 13 queries.