bottleneck
Choose style:

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Almond 3 / Rules to activate/de-activate Nest Thermostat
« Last post by Uprising54 on Today at 05:16:09 pm »
I'd like to activate / de-activate my nest thermostat depending on the status of my doors/windows. The end goal is to avoid nest turning on if a window/door is open.

Any advise on how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advanced!

Home automation / Using Alexa
« Last post by penright on Today at 08:08:07 am »
I would like to start using Alexa. I am a newbie to Alexa. In other words don't assume. :-)
I have enabled the skill and discovered devices. My first issues, Alexa app only discovers one device.
For a "hello world" I would like to control the garage door.
What are some trouble shooting steps?
Almond 3 / Re: NAT Type
« Last post by Vels123 on May 27, 2017, 11:23:29 pm »
It is. Could you show steps? Like a video or in photos.

Thanks
DemsMods.com
Almond 3 / Re: NAT Type
« Last post by jagdish on May 27, 2017, 07:07:49 pm »
@Vels123,

First, Almond needs to be in Router mode. Ideally, strict NAT can limit your ability to find other gamers. If your Almond is in Router mode then you need to assign a static IP to PS3 and then forward the required ports that should solve the issue.

Note: Almond 3 should be the primary router that is receiving the WAN IP directly either from the Modem or your ISP.
Home automation / Re: Ikea Tradfri Smart lighting
« Last post by eldaria on May 27, 2017, 03:12:45 pm »
So, today I bought the Ikea Trådfri Lighbulb, Remote, and Gateway.
They are quite cheap, so it would be really nice if Securifi added support for them, or at least the gateway like they did with Hue.

Of course the first I tried was to see if the Almond+ would recognize it.
And it kind of did, but failed to pair.
When I turned the lamp on while having my Almond+ in Add sensor mode, it detected the lamp, and tried to communicate with it, but after about a minute it failed.

I also tried to pair the remote, but that was not detected at all.

And the only "detection" it did of the gateway was to send me a notification that a new network device had joined.
Almond 3 / NAT Type
« Last post by Vels123 on May 27, 2017, 01:55:32 pm »
Hello,
So I was running my PS3 off this. And I can't join people because the NAT type is closed. How do I open it?

Thanks,
DemsMods.com
Home automation / Re: Aeotec Nano Dimmer
« Last post by grouter on May 27, 2017, 09:59:22 am »
Yeah, but I don't think it's advertised anywhere as 3-way compatible.
Home automation / Re: Aeotec Nano Dimmer
« Last post by fillibar on May 27, 2017, 09:33:57 am »
Huh. That seems like an important limitation they would have to have pretty well documented.
Almond 3 / Re: VPN and dyndns
« Last post by fillibar on May 27, 2017, 09:32:37 am »
Agree with DynDNS off the bat since I was using that with the Almond+. VPN is less important to me, but I definitely think it would be useful to have.
Home automation / GE 3 way switches
« Last post by anmolahuja on May 26, 2017, 02:10:22 pm »
I have seen a few threads on GE 12722 and 12723 and it seems like the add on toggle 12723 does not report its status on manual operation. One one thread I did also see a staff member ask for logs. I have not seen any updates so was wondering if this works now and is it worth buying the switches.

Also if not the GEs does any one know of any other 3 way switches which would work with the A+?

Thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 14 queries.